@djw_fashion

Thursday 20 October 2011

A brief encounter at Dover Street, London



Today after work I went to 'Dover Street Market' in Greenpark and closely looked at the Celine collection. The craftsmanship of each piece is so accurate and crisp I fell in love with ever piece. The fabrications for each piece have clearly been carefully selected and each one has a textural element. From the smooth leather panels, to the raw, short haired fur. Contrast these with the mohair sleeves of a jumper with a tartan check jacquard and your collection is beginning to form...

Dover Street Market also stocks New Kid on the Block, 'JW Anderson'. I am particularly drawn to his knitwear, which comprise of sequinned woven panels, mohair trims with an oddment of colour.
Next I popped just up the road to the ACNE store.

This brand is so me. Every garment I have to prise myself away from so I don't rack up a HUGE credit card bill. I tried on the above styles, I think they are really effortless and clean, with a workman feel. Also theres currently a new capsule collection collaborating with Daniel Silver, the pieces are printed or for example the leather coat has an ombre effect, definitely worth a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...