@djw_fashion

Tuesday 11 June 2013

Memory Lane...


I am so happy to hear the Viktor and Rolf dolls will be exhibiting for the The Luminato Festival in Toronto from June. I worked at the Dutch fashion house back in 2007. My last project with them was The House of Viktor & Rolf showcased at the Barbican Museum in London.

The porcelain dolls took months to prepare. The team worked closely with the Creative Director making sure the garments were preciously scaled down, every component had to be resourced and intricately applied. Fashion all rounder Ferry Van Der Nat made the dolls come to life through their make up, hair and accessories.

I feel privilaged being involved in such a fantastic project, merging the two worlds of fashion and art. The dolls are timeless, conceptual pieces which I hope amaze the audience in Toronto as much as they did in London.



Comments Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...