@djw_fashion

Sunday 11 May 2014

HK - Hangzhou - Shanghai


Hey guys, sorry for the lack of posts I've been on a work trip. After leaving Hong Kong I couldn't access my blog, which was frustrating. Here's a brief overview if your ever over that side of the world.

Avid fashion designers (like myself) must visit speciality fashion retailer Lane Crawford in Hong Kong. Fashion Director Sarah Rutson-Pang has revolutionised the brand and the selection of product is refreshing and contemporary. Strongly focusing on key contenders such as Alexander Wang, Stella McCartney and Victoria Beckham but also embracing new designers including Sacai, Prabal Gurung and Ellery, just to name a few.


I then had a short stay in Hangzhou and was lucky enough to be overlooking the West lake. I took an early morning stroll as the mist was clearing. Fishing boats were setting out as people practised tai chi on the docks, I felt very privileged to be apart of this calm. 


 Final stop was Shanghai which I always feel is a home from home as I have visited so many times. My favourite area is the French Concession especially around Julu Road where you will discover an array of small boutiques in between traditional Chinese living quarters. I bought a couple of independent Korean designer pieces in heavy linens which will be perfect for the summer and add a new dimension to my summer wardrobe. 

Our last night took us to hot spot D.O.C Gastronomia Italiana close to Hengshan Road, the vibe felt very up town New York. We finished the night at El Coctel which served up a mean dirty martini.

Now to get over the jet lag before getting stuck in at the studio tomorrow. I hope your all having a great weekend!

Comments Welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...