- Less than 24 hours before the show
- Forty dresses in the line up, not even one is complete at this stage
- The atelier atmosphere is said to be tranquil
- All 50 seamstresses will demonstrate their talent and endurance, working throughout the night
- Day of show
- Each piece is complete, protected in white muslim cases until...
- S H O W T I M E
- The collection showcased sheer layers exposing the underlying construction of garments
- Overview - Stunning Craftsmanship
When I previously worked at 'Viktor & Rolf' the atelier was much like that of Dior's but on a far smaller scale. When sketches were handed over to the pattern makers it was incredible to see them begin constructing the garments. I value that time, it was fascinating. I was like a child in a sweet shop.
So once I came across this article about the Dior atelier 24hrs before their catwalk presentation in the T-Magazine I had to share, read it HERE: