@djw_fashion

Sunday 29 January 2012

The Day Before Dior


FACTS:
  • Less than 24 hours before the show 
  • Forty dresses in the line up, not even one is complete at this stage
  • The atelier atmosphere is said to be tranquil
  • All 50 seamstresses will demonstrate their talent and endurance, working throughout the night
  • Day of show
  • Each piece is complete, protected in white muslim cases until...
  • S H O W T I M E 
  • The collection showcased sheer layers exposing the underlying construction of garments
  • Overview - Stunning Craftsmanship


When I previously worked at 'Viktor & Rolf' the atelier was much like that of Dior's but on a far smaller scale. When sketches were handed over to the pattern makers it was incredible to see them begin constructing the garments. I value that time, it was fascinating. I was like a child in a sweet shop. 
So once I came across this article about the Dior atelier 24hrs before their catwalk presentation in the T-Magazine I had to share, read it HERE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...